Sunday, October 18, 2015

Life on 30A








Life on 30A

How fitting for my first blog post to be about 30A.  Ten years ago, Will and I found this little spot of paradise quite by accident.  We had decided to try a different kind of beach trip somewhere a little farther from home.  Once off the interstate, I had a meltdown.  There was no sign of a beach and we were surrounded by vacant wooded land.  It was going to be a horrible trip.  I was so wrong.  Once we arrived on the Emerald Coast, I was greeted by the most beautiful beaches I had ever seen.  Not to mention the cutest, New Urbanist towns I had ever visited.

Fast forward ten years and many vacations to this beautiful place and I am as in love as ever.  This  weekend, we were supposed to be camping in Georgia with our closest friends.  However, due to a camper disaster in September and the camper STILL not being fixed, we had to cancel.  I was devastated.  Monday night, I had the whim to see if we could book our normal condo on 30A.  NOTHING was available. Suddenly, on Tuesday, one last condo opened up and we booked it on the spot.

I am so blessed.  God knew what we needed more than I did.   The Simple Life!  Blue skies, crystal clear water, bike riding and hours visiting our favorite little towns.  Most importantly lots of family time.

Over the next few days, I look forward to sharing some of our amazing moments with you!  I hope you will find inspiration and to remember sometimes life is better when we Capture the Ride.


1 comment:

  1. You are so right, sometimes we just have to stop and capture the ride :) Glad y'all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete