Thursday, October 29, 2015

It's a Pumpkin Time of Year


Fall is my absolute favorite time of year!  I love the bright colors, the fun decorations, and the thought that the hot, Florida weather is finally going to change a bit.  Most of all, I cherish our annual visits to the pumpkin patch.  We have been visiting the same pumpkin patch, the first weekend in October since our little guy was born.  Every year, I take 8 million pictures of him amongst the huge field of pumpkins. I have watched my baby turn into a toddler, and now a little boy through these pictures. I wait eagerly all year for this moment.

Then, the unthinkable happened!  We were up, dressed and ready to go when we found out that after 14 years, they had closed the pumpkin patch.  The church had sold the property and decided that there was not enough space to make their big patch of pumpkins work.  I was devastated.  I cried, pitched a 5 year old fit,  and wanted to cancel fall altogether.

My wonderful husband went on the hunt and found a new pumpkin patch for us to try.  It was a little further into Orlando but well worth the drive.  It was adorable.  The volunteers were amazingly friendly and offered to take tons of family photos.  I got some great pictures (even though the lighting was little off due to the morning meltdown) and I left with another year of great memories.  We also ended up with a truck full of pumpkins. Thank you, Sanlando United Methodist Church.  You saved the day and gave us another special visit to the pumpkin patch.

Sometimes Capturing the Ride, means being able to take a little detour and come out in a better place.  May your weekend have an amazing detour that opens a whole new world of possibilities.

Happy Fall!
Kelly

Check back this weekend for some amazing Halloween pictures.




















No comments:

Post a Comment